By creating a moving-day checklist you will be assured that you have everything set on task so that come moving day you are not scrambling to finish any last minute details. Here are a few basics that should be on your check list.
• Have your help in place- “ No man is an island” and this especially applies to those times in life where it is moving day. Find family and friends who are willing to give up a few hours of their day to help you move. In return be kind and provide them with drinks to help them keep away their thirst and perhaps some nice pizza when lunch times rolls around. Let everyone involved know the days schedule. What time you will begin loading the last few final boxes, and when to meet at your Scarborough self storage unit for the rest of your items.
• Have everything packed- since you planned out your moving process in advance by the time the last few days rolls around you should be nearing the completion of the packing process. The majority of your items should already be in a Scarborough self storage unit. By adding a self storage unit to your packing process that has allowed you to pack and clean as you go. without your apartment being overrun with stacks of boxes you have done all of the cleaning in advance and once your landlord looks over it hopefully you can get your deposit back. The last few days should really just be spent packing the essential items that you had to use up until the last day.
• Be prepared to face the day- Get plenty of rest the night before moving day and make sure you get a good healthy breakfast to start your day. You will need the energy to make it through the long moving day ahead.
• While pets and children are lovable they are often more of a hindrance than a help on moving day. If at all possible arrange for a baby sitter to watch the kids and find a great dog kennel who can keep any pets for the day. Without these lovable people and pets things can go much quicker.
• Remember to leave space in your car for moving day. While the majority of items will be already in the Scarborough self storage unit there are always those last few items that can not be packed up, and important papers that you may need on the day of moving. Save space in the car for any last minute items and any last minute friends who show up to help you move.
Moving day can be an exciting time. It is the start of a new journey in life with a new house or apartment. Make the process run smoothly by having a check list and a calendar of when everything has to be completed by. With planning and being organized you can make the moving process run smoothly and more enjoyable.
Tweet This Post
Disclamer: This entry is intended to promote our partner StorageMart and some or all participants received compensation.