Renting one of the Edmonton household storage facilities can help de-clutter your house. People use storing facilities, because they provide a safe and clean environment for their belongings. However, if you do not use proper packaging tips, the whole purpose is defeated.
Finding an Edmonton household storage unit is not hard, because there are plenty of storing facilities available. Edmonton is a beautiful city located in Canada. With more than a million people, storing facilities are always in great demand. And with our packaging tips you can ensure that your belongings will be safe in the storing unit.
First Rent The Right Size Unit
Following proper packaging tips starts with renting the right sized unit. Your can request the storing facility that you are renting in Edmonton to help you figure this out. All you need to do is call them up and they will send over their professional staff to assess your storing needs.
Gather Packaging Material
Once you know the right your Edmonton household storage unit of size you need to rent, you can begin planning your packing. For packing you would first need to gather all the packaging material. If you want, you could do this on your own. However, this is going to be little time consuming. You might have to visit several stores to gather all the material. Know what packaging material you would require. There are many people who do not know what packaging materials they require and end up packing their stuff the wrong way.
If you are not sure about your requirements or do not have the time to gather all the material, you can request the staff of your Edmonton household storage facility to help you. They will gladly send over their people to assess your requirement. And then supply you with all the packaging material including, tapes, markers, bubble wraps, boxes, and other such things.
You can use these packaging tips to safely pack your belongings.
- Store everything in boxes. There are special boxes for storing mirrors, paintings, and chinaware. Make sure you get these special boxes from the Edmonton household storage you are renting.
- Boxes should be filled to their maximum capacity to avoid damage during transportation. Empty spaced in the boxes should be filled with bubble wrap, foam peanuts or paper.
- Do not use extra large boxes and then completely stuff them up. It will be very hard for you to lift them during loading and unloading.
- Books should always be placed flat while packing to avoid damaging their spines.
- When packing your chinaware, make sure you wrap each item with bubble wrap.
- Lamp shades and the bases should first be separated and then each part should be securely wrapped.
- Pictures and mirrors should never be stored flat.
- If you are storing clothes, it is best to pack them in a wardrobe box with a built-in hanging rod.
- Appliances like, refrigerator, oven and microwave, should always be cleaned thoroughly before storing.
- Leather items should be treated with leather conditioner for better protection.
- Furniture like, beds and tables should be disassembled before storing. Wrap and cover each section carefully and then mark them. This will prevent you from storing heavy items on the table tops.
- If it is possible, you should store electronic items like, television and computers in their original boxes.
- Mattresses and sofas should always be covered for better protection.
- Garden equipment such as grass mowers should be cleaned and their fuel tank emptied before storing.
With the help of these packaging tips, you will be able to ensure that your belongings are safely transported and stored in your Edmonton household storage facility.
If you like this entry, take a look at :
Quebec City Storage Units Ensure Safety Part Three :
Tweet This Post
Disclamer: This entry is intended to promote our partner StorageMart and some or all participants received compensation.