If you are looking for Etobicoke household storage , read our handy tips to safely move your furniture. Furniture items may seem to be heavy duty, strong and sturdy. No doubt, they are heavy and strong but they too need extreme care and attention like any other delicate article. The reason is that any damage to the furniture can mar its beauty and cost you a lot of money to repair. Moreover, replacing furniture items may be very expensive, and repairing them will not give the perfect look. For instance, if you break the leg of your dining table, it can be repaired, but the crack will always be visible. Therefore, it is important to transport your furniture items carefully. Furniture is often neglected and ignored while packing and moving. Moreover, people dump their other items on furniture, assuming that it is strong and sturdy. Nevertheless, little do they realize that furniture too is susceptible to breakage. So be careful while moving your furniture items. We suggest some handy tips for packing and moving furniture items.
Tips For Packing And Moving To Etobicoke Household Storage
- Bubble wrap – Use bubble wrap for packing your furniture items, as it will protect your furniture from breakage and damage. Bubble wrapping will also avoid stains and scratches on the items. It can be topped up with extra padding to prevent collision of the furniture items while transport. You would have to invest in bubble wrap and tape, but money spent on this is better than repairing the damages.
- Use of wax – Polish your wooden furniture items with a coat of wax. This will prevent scratches on the surface. It is recommended for all furniture items and other smooth surface objects. Coating with wax would mean that you retain the shine and texture of the fine wood articles.
- Multi-utility – Use your mattresses, pillow, cushions, quilts and other soft items for padding purposes, but not before you cover them properly in plastic sheeting or cling wrap. These items can be used for padding while traveling.
- Use of tape – Never use tape directly on the surface of your furniture because it will remove the varnish when you remove the tape. It can also discolor the portion under the tape due to the tough glue. Use tape sparingly and only at places where it is required. Avoid using it directly on the surface.
- Use boxes for small furniture items – While moving to Etobicoke household storage , you may want to pack small furniture items in boxes. We also recommend that you remove the legs of your furniture items and pack them separately in boxes.
- Kitchen furniture – Dismantle kitchen furniture items as much as you can. It will occupy less space and will be convenient to load and unload. It is important to clean and dry the kitchen items at least a day before moving.
Apart from furniture-related packing, also bear in mind that it is good to clean all the items before packing and moving. This will reduce your burden when you unload the items in your new apartment or storeroom. It will not only save a lot of time and effort but will also help you discard unwanted stuff. Some people end up hoarding items and increasing clutter. If you clean all the items before packing, you can get rid of the clutter. These are some of the handy Etobicoke household storage tips keep them in mind while moving into Etobicoke household storage .
If you like this entry, take a look at :
London Storage Units Care For Summer Toys :
Tweet This Post
Disclamer: This entry is intended to promote our partner StorageMart and some or all participants received compensation.