This is the right place for all those people in search of information on the different types of mystery shopping jobs and the qualifications that need to be fulfilled in order to obtain those jobs.
What Is Anonymous Shopping
Anonymous shopping also known as covert shopping or contracted shopping is a shopping contract wherein a shopper is paid to shop. The job requires the shopper to do all the things that a normal shopper does. He is told to visit the store, inquire about the product listings, select his choices and make purchases. The only difference is that the seemingly normal shopper, in reality is a covert shopper.
Mystery shopping jobs require the shopper to evaluate the business and the employee performance for the company.
How It Works
Here is how a covert shopping project works
- A person applies to the company for the post of a mystery shopper.
- He or she gets an assignment.
- He or she is told to visit the establishment to perform the prescribed series of enquiry. Some aspects that he would be told to cover include- are you greeted well enough, were the employees neatly dressed, did the employees show proper concern towards all your needs, were the washrooms clean and well equipped
- Once the shopper collects the entire information required by the employer, he or she leaves the store.
- He or she then fills in a detailed form provided by the company wherein he or she grades the different aspects provided in the assignment.
- Once the company receives the completed form and is satisfied with the information provided, it pays the covert shopper for services rendered.
Kinds Of Anonymous Shopping Programs
There are many kinds of mystery shopping jobs . A covert shopper would need to gain proper understanding of what the industry offers and the kind of program that benefits him or her most. Some common hidden shopping programs are
- Shop programs – this program mainly focuses on the performance of the employees on the job. The task can also be completed through a phone call. The entire conversation between the shop employee and the hidden shopper is recorded to ensure that the employee does not know that he or she is being subjected to a check. The program provides a genuine record of how the establishment employees actually perform. Mystery shopping jobs under this program would require the shopper to capture the performance of the employee in the most accurate manner.
- Feedback shops – the program allows the employees to receive immediate feedback for their performance. However, the mystery shopper would need to receive extensive training for this program. The training would help the shopper learn rapport building so that he or she can gather maximum information about the sales performance of the employees.
- Shock calls – the program evaluates how the employees respond to fast paced callers. The program helps determine whether the employees are answering all necessary questions well.
Qualifications For Undisclosed Shopping Posts
Anonymous shopping jobs require special skills and attributes to gain expertise in the field. The shopper should enjoy shopping and should be comfortable working at odd hours. He or she should maintain an open mind while evaluating the various aspects of the store. Providing a non-biased opinion is another aspect of being a good mystery shopper. The covert shopper must have the ability to handle all projects with clarity. He or she should have good communication skills and should adopt a detail oriented approach.
Mystery shopping jobs can easily be obtained by anyone who possesses the above mentioned qualifications.
If you like this entry, take a look at our
Mystery Shopping Reviews category:
Tweet This Post
Disclamer: This entry is intended to promote our partner StorageMart and some or all participants received compensation.