One of the most important things that you can do to ensure that your move happens smoothly is plan. Planning as much as you can before moving day happens will guarantee that as much as you can control happens just as it is suppose to. Here are a few things to plan out ahead to make moving as easy as possible.
• Use a calendar to help you plan around work, school, and personal responsibilities that can have an effect on packing and moving. Life does not stop simply to accommodate your moving, and by having a calendar where everything can be seen you can plan out your time to make sure you get everything packed before moving day arrives.
• Once moving day is set keep an eye on the mail that you receive. These are great reminders for people that you need to notify of a change of address. Talk to your utilities providers to ensure that they have enough notice so you are not paying for extra utilities you are not using.
• Once dates are arranged start to look at packing. Packing is a marathon not a sprint. Get a head start on the packing process with a little help from an Etobicoke storage locker. Self storage spaces can be a great aid when trying to uproot you and your family’s life from one space to another. With the added space that you now have with the storage locker all of the boxes that you pack ahead of time and the extra furniture around the house can be moved into the unit and out of your way. Not only does this keep your home from becoming stacks of boxes but you can clean rooms before you leave in case you are renting and want your deposit back.
• Ask for help. There may be items in your home that require more help to move than you can find. For large items or heavy items it may be easiest to plan on getting the help of professionals movers who can do the heavy lifting for you.
• When beginning the packing process and getting ready to begin to move boxes and furniture into your Etobicoke storage locker start with a stock pile of boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and specialized moving supplies. This way once you begin the process of packing you will not have to stop in the middle of a packing frenzy to stop and get more supplies. This can sometimes put an end to the momentum that you were working with. Refill packing supplies as necessary along the way to ensure a full supply before you begin.
Moving does not have to be a nightmare story that you will be telling for years to come. With planning, preparation, and the space that you gain by adding an Etobicoke storage locker you can make the move into a new home or apartment quick, easy, and as painless as possible. It will be a success story that you will be telling for years to come.
Tweet This Post
Disclamer: This entry is intended to promote our partner StorageMart and some or all participants received compensation.